Informa’s and UBM’s shareholders approve offer

London, 17th April: London-listed international B2B media group, Informa PLC, announced its offer for UBM plc, has been approved by both UBM’s and Informa’s shareholders. The two companies stated the acquisition will be completed by the end of the second quarter this year. The deal is valued at £3.9 billion (US$5.6 billion).

Under the terms of the deal, UBM shareholders will receive 1.083 Informa shares for each UBM share in addition to 163 pence (US$2.33) in cash. After the transaction, the two companies will become the largest trade show company in the world. Informa will own approximately 65.5% of the combined entity and UBM will own the remaining 34.5%. The combined company will employ some 11,000 people worldwide.