Thailand attracts 350+ MICE events in first half

Bangkok, 1st February: Last week, the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) reported that more than 350 conventions will be held in Thailand in the first half of 2018. About 45% will be held in Bangkok and the remaining 55% will be held in other cities including Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Phuket, and Khon Kaen.

According to TCEB, Thailand welcomed more than 36 million MICE travellers last year, generating revenues of US$5.7 billion. International MICE visitors reached one million generating revenues of US$2.8 billion; while the remaining 35 million were domestic MICE travellers contributing US$2.9 billion to the local economy.